Friday, February 13, 2009

Possessive Adjectives.

Possessive Adjectives

Possessive adjectives are used to show ownership or possession.

Subject possessive
pronoun adjectives

I - my
you - your
he - His
she - her
it - its
we - our
you - your
they - their

1. Choose the correct possessive.
Example: I have a sister, ___ name is Susan.Answer: I
I have a sister, Her name is Susan.

Hi Daniel, MY name is John. This is ________friend Jason. He's 12. ________sister is
nine. ______pet is a budgie. _________name is Dickens. Jason and I go to the same school.
There are 450 boys and girls in __________school. Jason's form teacher is Mrs. Peterson. She has got a pet, too. __________pet is a tortoise. Our form teacher is Mr. Smith. I like ____________lessons. He has two dogs. The dogs love to play in _________garden. Now I have a question for you. What's ___________pet?

Yours,

John



2. Write apostrophe 's.

Example: I met _______ sister yesterday. (Mandy)
Answer: I met Mandy's sister yesterday.

1) This is _________book. (Peter)
2) Let's go to the _____________ party. (Smiths)
3) The ___________room is upstairs. (children)
4) _____________sister is twelve years old. (John)
5) _______and _______bags have blue stickers. (Susan - Steve)
6) __________shoes are on the second floor. (men)
7) My __________car was not expensive. (parents)
8) ___________CD player is new. (Charles)
9) This is the ___________bike. (boy)
10) These are the _____________pencils. (boys)


3. Complete with (my, your, her, his, its, our, your, their)

I'm going to wash ___________ hair before I go out.


Caroline kissed Martin on ______________
cheek.

Do you think most people are happy in _________ jobs?

We invited all _______ friends to a barbecue.

I want to phone Ann. Do you know .______ number?

You should give the book back to ______ owner.


Citas Bibliograficas:
Internet
1-http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/exercises/nouns_articles/apostrophe_s.htm
2-http://veletaonline.com/quartet_online/WebServer/mainframeset.asp
3-http://google.com
/

No comments:

Post a Comment