Monday, June 15, 2009

Present / Present Continuous

I-Write the correct present simple or present continuous.

1. Every Monday, Sally (drive)__________ her kids to football practice.

2. Usually, I (work)_________ as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study)________ French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.

3. Shhhhh! Be quiet! John (sleep)______________ .

4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain)_____________ .

5. I hate living in Seattle because it (rain, always)_________________ .

6. I'm sorry I can't hear what you (say) because everybody (talk)___________ so loudly.

7. Justin (write, currently)_____________________ a book about his adventures in Tibet. I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.

8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. I (go)_______________ to a movie tonight with some friends.

9. The business cards (be, normally )_____________________ printed by a company in New York. Their prices (be)____________________ inexpensive, yet the quality of their work is quite good.

10. This delicious chocolate (be)_________________________ made by a small chocolatier in Zurich, Switzerland.


II-Complete the letter with present or present continuous.

A Trekking Journal

November 12, 1997

Today (be)_________ the second day of my trek around Mount Annapurna. I am exhausted and my legs (shake)_______________ ; I just hope I am able to complete the trek. My feet (kill, really)_______________ me and my toes (bleed)____________ , but I (want, still) to continue.

Nepal is a fascinating country, but I have a great deal to learn. Everything (be)_________ so different, and I (try)_____________ to adapt to the new way of life here. I (learn)________________ a little bit of the language to make communication easier; unfortunately, I (learn, not)_________________ foreign languages quickly. Although I (understand)________________________ much yet, I believe that I (improve, gradually)__________________ .

I (travel, currently)_______________________ with Liam, a student from Leeds University in England. He (be)___________ a nice guy, but impatient. He (walk, always)___________________ ahead of me and (complain)________________ that I am too slow. I (do)______________ my best to keep up with him, but he is younger and stronger than I am. Maybe, I am just feeling sorry for myself because I am getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment